MCQ members regularly take part in exhibitions and events, receive recognition for their work, and are represented in online and print communications.
Current and upcoming events
- Debbie Boyles, Carol Mashuga, Suzanne O’Brien, Mimie Pollard — “Perspectives: Four contemporary fiber artists” October 1 – 29, 2017
Unity Church-Unitarian Parish Hall | Opening reception Friday, October 6, 5-7 p.m.
- Kristin Hoelscher-Schacker — “Loop-Rust-Skin-Mind: 4 Jerome Emerging Fiber Artists,” September 5 – October 21, Textile Center
- Gwen Schagrin has a show of small art quilts through October at Susan Hensel Gallery, 3441 Cedar Ave. S., Minneapolis.
- Peggy Wright’s show “Color & Touch,” runs through October 22 at Gallery 1639, 1639 Larpenteur Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota, M–F, 8:00 am–4:30 pm. She also has a show at St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, 2136 Carter Ave, St Paul, MN 55108, October 29 to December 29.
- Jane Ellison is a participating artist in the St. Paul Art Crawl, Oct. 13-15. She’s in the Northern Warehouse in the lower level with Lowertown Underground Artists. She will be there on Friday and Saturday.
- Ann Ribbens work has been accepted into these juried exhibitions: “Stories in Stitches,” Redwing Arts League, month of September; “Quilt=Art=Quilt,” Schweinfurth Center for the Arts, Auburn, NY, month of October; “Honoring Our Veterans,” Brush Art Gallery, Lowell, MA, month of October
- Carol Egan’s “A Walk in the Garden,” Southwest Minnesota State College, Marshall, MN, January 8 – February 16, 2018
2017 Minnesota State Fair
Six members had work juried into the 106th Fine Arts Exhibition
- Debbie Boyles, Urban Detritus, Minnesota Quilters Award
- Nancy Condon, Goodwill Hunting, Fourth Place
- Kristin Hoelscher-Schacker, Alchemy, Second Place
- Peg LaSota, Farewell Daytons
- Ann Ribbens, Urchins
- Peggy Wright, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, Honorable Mention
Seven members received awards and recognition in the Creative Activities competition (download the full list here):
- Debra Archer
- Jane Ellison
- Sunny Klein
- Kristen Lawson
- Zeeda Magnuson
- Betsy Shannon
- Wanda Shelton
Member websites and blogs
Debbie Boyles Textile Art — showcases Debbie’s work, shows and exhibits.
Carol Egan’s Giraffe Dreams is a blog which is mostly quilt-related, with a mish-mash of other things mixed in, including book reviews.
Nancy Eha’s Bead Creative contains information about her bead embroidery classes and items that she sells. It also includes a gallery and blog.
Susan Stein lists Susan’s classes and studio coaching subjects, shows lots of her quilts, and includes some short essays.
Peggy Wright’s Ruby Wings: Playing with color is my passion, and to indulge that passion, I make art by hand-painting on and dyeing fabric, printing, freehand machine stitching, and hand stitching.