MCQ members regularly take part in exhibitions and events, receive recognition for their work, and are represented in online and print communications.
2017 Minnesota State Fair
Six members had work juried into the 106th Fine Arts Exhibition
- Debbie Boyles, Urban Detritus, Minnesota Quilters Award
- Nancy Condon, Goodwill Hunting, Fourth Place
- Kristin Hoelscher-Schacker, Alchemy, Second Place
- Peg LaSota, Farewell Daytons
- Ann Ribbens, Urchins
- Peggy Wright, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, Honorable Mention
Seven members received awards and recognition in the Creative Activities competition (download the full list here):
- Debra Archer
- Jane Ellison
- Sunny Klein
- Kristen Lawson
- Zeeda Magnuson
- Betsy Shannon
- Wanda Shelton
Kristin Hoelscher-Schacker — “Loop-Rust-Skin-Mind: 4 Jerome Emerging Fiber Artists,” September 5 – October 21, Textile Center
Ann Ribbens work has been accepted into these juried exhibitions:
- Stories in Stitches – Redwing Arts League — month of September
- Quilt=Art=Quilt — Schweinfurth Center for the Arts, Auburn, NY, month of October
- Honoring Our Veterans — Brush Art Gallery, Lowell, MA, month of October
Carol Egan’s “A Walk in the Garden,” Southwest Minnesota State College, Marshall, MN, January 8 – February 16, 2018
Member websites and blogs
Debbie Boyles Textile Art — showcases Debbie’s work, shows and exhibits.
Carol Egan’s Giraffe Dreams is a blog which is mostly quilt-related, with a mish-mash of other things mixed in, including book reviews.
Nancy Eha’s Bead Creative contains information about her bead embroidery classes and items that she sells. It also includes a gallery and blog.
Susan Stein lists Susan’s classes and studio coaching subjects, shows lots of her quilts, and includes some short essays.
Peggy Wright’s Ruby Wings: Playing with color is my passion, and to indulge that passion, I make art by hand-painting on and dyeing fabric, printing, freehand machine stitching, and hand stitching.