Member News & Resources
MCQ members regularly take part in exhibitions and events, receive recognition for their work, and are represented in online and print communications. See these recognitions/events below. Also listed below are member websites and blogs and other resources for fiber artists. If you have something to add, please send the specifics to Debbie Boyles.
Current and upcoming events
- Pieces by Nancy Birger and Peggy Wright are featured in the 2017 Cairns art journal (available on Amazon).
- Nancy Eha was interviewed by Ricky Tims for the The Quilt Show. Watch her interview on “crazy beading” here.
- Peggy Wright’s “Lake Country” was accepted into the 23rd Arts in Harmony 2018 Annual International Show. The exhibit runs from February 15 to March 16 at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, with a reception on Saturday, February 17, 4-6 p.m.
- Jane Ellison is participating in St. Paul Cozy, where a handmade cozy (crocheted, knit, woven or quilted) will be added to 158 lampposts and utility poles in downtown St. Paul, January 25 – March 4, 2018. More information.
- Carol Egan’s “A Walk in the Garden,” will be on exhibit at Southwest Minnesota State College, Marshall, MN, January 8 – February 16, 2018
Member websites and blogs
Debbie Boyles Textile Art — showcases Debbie’s work, shows and exhibits.
Carol Egan’s Giraffe Dreams is a blog which is mostly quilt-related, with a mish-mash of other things mixed in, including book reviews.
Nancy Eha’s Bead Creative contains information about her bead embroidery classes and items that she sells. It also includes a gallery and blog.
Kristin Lawson’s a little crispy website features quilt patterns with a modern look.
Susan Stein lists Susan’s classes and studio coaching subjects, shows lots of her quilts, and includes some short essays.
Peggy Wright’s Ruby Wings: Playing with color is my passion, and to indulge that passion, I make art by hand-painting on and dyeing fabric, printing, freehand machine stitching, and hand stitching.